Monday, February 1, 2010

The Morning After...sorta

Where to begin.....

"I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen"

That is soooo dramatic, but gets the point.

Robin says "You are in better shape than I've ever known you. Mentally and physically. One foot in front of the other. And lean on your friends. <3"

But, this mornings workout has me thinking.....was it honestly, really......JUST for me? By that, I mean my goal to lose 100lbs by my 40th. That answer is honestly......no.

Sure, I had this goal before I met her, but she (and others) became part of the motivation. My point? I don't really know I guess. Maybe I've lost...not maybe..... I have lost a bit of the driving force. I do have others that have motivated me, take my coworker Tiffany. Every workday, she's on my ass about not going hard enough or lifting enough. Then, she asks...how many calories in that sandwich?

I need to be solely, 100% doing this for me. I'm my true constant. Friends and family can check on me, and I could lie, (er...downgrade my performance) but that gets me nowhere near my goal.

Why am I telling you this? It'll keep me honest I guess.

What happens when two people don't communicate about their wants, desires, needs? You get lots of confusion, frustration and pain. I can't blame her anymore then I can blame myself. There's much to be learned, and it can hurt.......a lot, sometimes.

So, later today, when I do my second workout....it will be for me. From here on out. I gain the most, and lose the most as it were...

No comments: